setting default font path

Hey all,

I am trying to strip down the X server to only everything I need to run the X
server and a window manager from a dos prompt.  From there, I will have clients
on other machines connect to me, so I do not need full cygwin.

What I have done so far, is copy the Cygwin DLLs, all the X DLLs needed, the
window manager (fvwm2), the rgb.txt file and the fonts directories.

The problem I am having is with the default font path.  At the same level as
Xwin, I have a fonts directory that has 100dpi, misc, pex, etc.  So, on the
command line in the batch file, I use the following :

Xwin -screen 0 800x600 -depth 32 -engine 4 -ac -terminate -co rgb -fp
fonts\misc,fonts\pex

My problem is that the font paths do not work.  I have tried every combination
of relitave and absolute file paths with / and \ with no avail.  I get the
error :

Could not init font path element fonts\misc, removing from list!
Could not init font path element fonts\pex, removing from list!

Following is my full .bat file.  Keep in mind, the machine does not have
cygwin... only what is necessary to run the X server :

SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
SET PATH=.;%PATH%
mkdir \tmp

start /m fvwm2
XWin -screen 0 800x600 -depth 32 -engine 4 -ac -terminate -co rgb -fp
fonts\misc,fonts\pex

Thanks,
Brian

--