RE: Dynamic linking.. or??

> | > wants us to include -lXpm, it _doesn't_ link dynamically!!
> |
> | You can send a patch if you have an idea how to do it. :-)  For now
> | you must add -lXpm -lXaw -lX11 to llinker
>
> A simple patch, try to change in cygwin.rules..
>   cygwin.rules:#define SharedLibXpm YES

You need to test first please.  However I do not think it will help
Because we build a static libXaw.a not libXaw.dll.

> Hopefully that is enough, making X11.tmpl grap static lib
> instead. On Os2 libxpm is included in some kind of list of
> required stuff for libXaw..

On OS/2 if I am not mistaken, it is libXaw.dll.  On Win32 Microsoft DLL
design
Creates a dll initiallization mess, therefore we are forced to make a static
libXaw.a (FAQ :-) please)

3.13 Will there be Xaw.DLL, Xt.DLL and Xmu.DLL?

There are no plans for them at this pont. GCC is free software, and most
stuff written for it is also freely available. Recompile Xaw, Xt and Xmu if
you want. However, keep the following in mind:

"One of the biggest issues with X on Win32 is the moronic DLL format.
Specifically - it is not possible to export data from a Win32 DLL in a form
that can be used to statically initialize another global variable. Data
access from a DLL requires at least one pointer indirection, and hence
executable code. This is why X11R6 doesn't have DLLs for Xt/Xmu/Xaw (and
Motif) on Win32", quoted from XFree86-developers Mailing List - David E.
Wexelblat (dwex@datafocus.com) Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:08:27 -0500.

Suhaib