X and startx

I've seen some posts in the recent past complaining that the 'X' symlink in
/usr/X11R6/bin/ points to some nonexistent file.  I've checked the 'X'
symlink in my latest build from XFree86 and I find that 'X' points to
'XWin', which is correct.

However, 'startx' fails to run because /usr/X11R6/bin/ is not in the path
that Cygwin uses, so 'xinit' cannot be found.

Regarding fixing 'startx', should we:
1) If possible, modify the generation of the 'startx' script to add
/usr/X11R6/bin/ to the path.
2) If possible, modify the generation of the 'startx' script to add explicit
path references to each executable referenced in 'startx' (e.g.
/usr/X11R6/bin/xinit).
3) Add an answer to the draft FAQ that tells users how to add
/usr/X11R6/bin/ to the path that Cygwin uses.

I'd appreciate any input and/or suggestions,