Re: XFree86/Cygwin under win4lin

On Friday 11 May 2001 01:57 am, you wrote:

> Just a question? Why do you want to run XWin in win4lin. Any program that
> might want to connect to XWin can connect to the linux XServer, which is
> much faster (I count at least 3 additional abstraction layers in XWin on
> win4lin : win4lin, win32, cygwin)

Why?  That's easy, I want to develop my cross-platform applications using an
xterm!  the damn cygwin windows doesnt have a scroll bar >:(

other than that there is no pressing need for me to run X under win4lin
except for the sheer coolness of it.

I certainly dont want the cygwin/X code to be riddled with #ifdefs and hacks
in order to get it to run under win4lin.  But if there is a simple fix and/or
work-around, I would be delighted to help discover it.

Regards,
Chris

(please CC replys to this message to my email, thx)