RE: Naming of Cygwin/XFree86 components

> I do not know if anyone owns a trademark on the name XWin, but I would
> certainly agree that the name XWin could too easily be confused with a
> competing product named X-Win32.

Not really an issue IMO. Xwin is the standard name of the binary for an
X-Server.
"Xfree86" is the name of the product. And there is no confusion on that
:].

> To avoid potential legal squabbles, which I am not willing to
> subject myself
> to, I am suggesting that we change the names of the aforementioned
> Cygwin/XFree86 components before we attract any undesirable attention.

This would be a bad move. anything linked to -lXwin would break. That's
what standards are for. (ie libc/libm).

Rob

No it will not break libXWin.a is compiled in hw/xwin and nothing else is
linked to it.

However it is not necessary to start a discussion on changing name.  I name
the execuable XWIN.exe for the reasons Chris and Robert explain, and we are
safe.

Suhaib