RE: Font Problem?

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:51:26AM +0800, Tam
> Patrick-S.P.-w12297 wrote:
> > After re-installing the entire April 14 binaries, I also
> has the large font display problem while using XDMCP to
> connect to a linux box running Redhat 7.0.  The large font on
> gdm welcome screen
> (-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-*-180-*-*-*-*-*-*) could
> not be displayed on the xfree/cygwin.  I recalled that the
> fonts could be displayed correctly before using the April 14 binaries.

I will check into it.  In the meantime you can copy the fonts from Linux
box if you want.  go to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ directory on your Linux
box then tar gzip the fonts directory.  Ftp it to Windows and
untar into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.

I will upload mkfontdir.exe today.  Sorry about missing file.

Suhaib