RE: _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root

I am on crapy OutLokk for Web, so I am going to cut and paste to answer your
questions:

>_XSERVTransmkdir:
that means your lines are getting mixed _XSERVTransxxxx should be on a
separate line, if I am not mistaken....  is your sever starting at all?

>Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root

Ignore it.  It is just a warning one of these days in future it will
disappear.  I need to find a fix for it.  Inititially this was preventing
server startup because Windows has no "root" user.

>Line 88 of /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy invalid
Well, are you on a text (DOS) mounted cygwin mount point? do a mount at bash
if all the disks are mounted as "text" then that is your problem.  We need
binary (binmode) mount points.

>when I start xterm,  \[\033]0;\w\007\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]>$
appears as the  prompt.

Are you starting xterm with xterm -e /usr/bin/bash, which would allow you to
use bash shell in xterm?
Also try changing
PS1='\[\033]0;\w\007\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]$ '

PS1="\[\033]0;\w\007\033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]$ "
It seems to work better under xterm if you use bash shell.

Suhaib