Re: Debug of Test 15 (cgf input needed)

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 09:07:38AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

What's this?  Someone has actually read the Cygwin license agreement?

>>therefore sources are available, but sources itself are under X
>>COnsortium license, that means you do whatever you can, if you can
>>compile it without linking to Cygwin1.dll, then your binaries are under
>>X Consortium License too.
>
>If your source is under the X licence, you can link to cygwin1.dll
>withouth being infected.  (or at least this is what I understand from
>Corinna's comments last week).

This is basically true.  I went to great effort to modify the Cygwin
license a couple of years ago during one of the great GPL flame wars.
DJ and I came up with additional wording that I thought would satisfy
anyone except someone who didn't want to provide the sources.  I got
clearance from Cygnus's CEO to allow the greater flexibility.  I thought
I was doing the community a favor by relaxing the Cygwin license.

I guess it is not as much of a favor as I thought if we are still
wrangling about this two years later.

cgf