From: Christopher Faylor
To: 'cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com '
Sent: 4/3/2001 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: suggestion

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 08:57:54PM -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
> Let the keyboard and harold Winx support stabilize then we will
revisit
>it.  I do plan on modifying setup.exe so user can install directly from
web.
>It will not be an issue with licensing.  If Licensing is not changing
then
>inclusion of binaries and sources should not be a problem.
>Since binaries linked to Cgwin1.dll require sources be avilable and it
does
>not conflicts with X license.
>
>However, I do want to want to get international keyboard from Andrew
and
>harold Win9x support stbilized, then work on setup.exe.  At present
XF86
>consider Cygwin support under beta testing therefore it is not
mentioned in
>their README files and at their URL.

Sure.  I don't want to put X in the standard Cygwin setup.exe now.  When
we have the ability to select based on category, maybe then...  By then,
I assume that things will be even better than they are now.

I also wouldn't do this without asking first since I know that making
this
available will present an immediate support burden here.

"I just installed Cygwin XFree86 B20.1 and I couldn't B20.1 the alt key
on the keyboard.  This works fine on UNIX.  Do I have to B20.1 something
else?"

cgB20.1f