suggestion

Hi, I installed cygwin (latest) and the xfree86 shadow
buffer 10 which works great on my Toshiba Satellite
335CDT laptop.  (96M RAM, CT65555 w/2M vid RAM,
Win98SE, P266) Congratulations!

I do have one small suggestion, however.  Now that the
X server has been improved to run on most if not all
Win platforms, how about integrating the Xfree86 X
server into the regular Cygwin distribution?

I read the UG and the FAQ and did not see any mention
of this.  I could see why X was separate when it only
worked on WinNT and Win2000, but now those problems
seem solved.

I believe a working X server is important enough to be
included in the core Cygwin distribution file set.

If there is a reason as to why Cygwin Xfree86 is
separate would someone please enlighten me? Thanks!

Andrew Lynch

please.no.more.spam.thankyou.lynchaj @ yahoo . com