RE: RE: Errors compiling Xfree from CVS

As I can see, from your World.log file, most of the stuff compiled, except a
few executables.
The problem is the libXinerama.a library link order.  I thought I fixed it
in the tar balls
I uploaded day before yesterday to Cygwin/XFree86 server.
I am not sure why but someone decided to put -lXinerama as the last library
to link
which is DEFINITELY going to create undefined references symbols during link
time.

If you check the following from your log file, you will notice -lXinerama is
the last library
in link order therefore it undefined symbols in it cannot be resolved by
libX11.a and libXext.a.
It is a wrong link order problem.  I will have look at the code again, as I
said I thought I fixed it
but by mistake I may have packed the orginal Imakefile, not the patched one.

You can either fix the link order in Imakefiles or manually edit the
Makefiles and change:

-lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lXpm  -lXdmcp -lXinerama
-L/usr/X11R6/lib

-lXinerama -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lXpm  -lXdmcp
-L/usr/X11R6/lib

rm -f chooser.exe
gcc -o chooser.exe -O2 -pedantic -fno-strength-reduce -fpcc-struct-return
-fvtable-thunks -m486 -Wall     -L../../exports/lib chooser.o -lXaw -lXmu
-lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lXpm  -lXdmcp -lXinerama -L/usr/X11R6/lib

../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x20):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XextCreateExtension'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x3f):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XextFindDisplay'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x64):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XextAddDisplay'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x84):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XextRemoveDisplay'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0xfe):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XMissingExtension'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x11c):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `_XFlush'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x157):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `_XReply'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x1ea):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XMissingExtension'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x208):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `_XFlush'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x241):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `_XReply'
../../exports/lib/libXinerama.a(Xinerama.o.b)(.text+0x2b6):Xinerama.c:
undefined reference to `XMissingExtension'

Suhaib