tcpip call from startx

Dear all,
I have installed the latest cygnus and xfree binaries, the moment I try
to start X from within Cygnus with startx I get the error that ./xinit
is not found.

So I tried to execute from the batch file startxwin.bat but somewhere in
the start tcpip is called by LSL with a path that does not exist on the
Novell server I work on: u:\net\net.cfg, anyhow LSL is not running at
all

Is this a common problem, or should I just compile myself to solve this?

thanks in advance for the response,
Elwin

drs. Elwin Koster       ekoster@let.rug.nl      Groningen University
PO.Box 716, 9700 AS Groningen, The Netherlands
(+31) 50 - 363 6099 / 5934                   www.let.rug.nl/~ekoster