Unable to connect to X Server -- Updated

Hi,

                 I am able to start the x server successfully on
                 my win2k laptop but I am unable to get xterms
                 or twm connect to the display. I tried reducing the
                 resolution and bit depth and still no luck.

                 I checked that I have TCP/IP connectivity and even
                 tried setting the DISPLAY to my ip address
                 instead of 127.0.0.1.

                 I can ping any of these addresses but the xterm
                 comes back with a message that it is unable to connect
                 to display. Noticed that a couple of people reported
                 similar problem but could find no resolution for it in
                 the FAQs.

                 Xterm comes back with Xt: Unable to connect to display
127.0.0.1:0.
                 Same thing with twm.

                 After mucking around for some time, I tried the following.
                 I connected to a remote machine and launched twm
                 and an xterm in the remote machine setting the DISPLAY as
                 my local win2k laptop's ip address:0. This seemed to work
                 just fine and I could connect to the Xfree server on my
laptop.

                 I also ran Exceed on my local machine and used the xterm
                 that came with XFree to connect to the Exceed server.
Again,
                 the xterm comes back with a message that it is unable to
connect
                 to display as before.

                 Any pointers?
                 Thanks,