Using my Windows 2000 machine as an X-terminal

Hello all,

I have installed cygwin and xfree (latest versions) on my Windows 2000 laptop
and it seems to work fine. I can start the xserver and start applications
locally.

However, I would like to use the W2000 X-environment as an X terminal for my
Linux machine. This does not work.

When I start the xserver on my Windows 2000 box with the -broadcast option,
the login screen of my Linux server becomes visible. However when I log on,
the kde2 window manager seems to be starting, but it never finishes the
startup procedure.

I use SuSE 7.0, and the latest KDE2environment (version 2.01).

Is using xfree on cygwin in this way supported?
If so, how can I make this work?

By the way, to allow remote access to my W2000 xserver using 'xhost +<host>'
and than start applications manually from my Linux server using the W2000
machine as the display.

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Rob