ddd/configure breaks

Still struggling mightily to successfully configure DDD under cygwin.
Basically, configure fails saying that '-lXm' cannot be found. However,
Motif is installed and configure notes this early in the configure
process. My platform is Cygwin, but I don't believe that this is a
Cygwin problem, per se, since I've seen basically the same problem
report from people trying to get DDD to configure under Linux. I am
attaching config.log, ddd/config.log, and the complete output of the
configure script. Please let me know if I can provide any additional
information useful for diagnosing this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck Irvine

Addional Info:

Versions:

cygwin DLL        1.1.5
cygwin/XFree86    4.0
LessTif:          0.91.21
DDD:              3.2.91

My configure command line is:

./configure --with-motif-includes=/usr/local/include/Xm
--with-motif-libraries=/usr/local/lib
--with-athena-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xaw
--with-athena-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib

During the configure, the two things complained about are:

configure: warning: The Athena widgets library '-lXaw' could not be
found.
                    If you have the athena library, please use the
                    configure options '--with-athena-includes=DIR' and
                    '--with-athena-libraries=DIR' to specify the Xaw
location.
                    If you do not have the athena library, use the
configure
                    option '--without-athena' to suppress this message.
                    See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
                    for further diagnostics.

configure: error: The Motif library '-lXm' could not be found.
                  Please use the configure options
'--with-motif-includes=DIR'
                  and '--with-motif-libraries=DIR' to specify the Xm
location.
                  See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
                  for further diagnostics.

config.log

config.log

configure.log