RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Overlay and No DirectInput Test 3

Harold,
	I am running Windows NT 4.0 (SP5) with an Appian Jeronimo 2000
Graphics card with the Permida3 chipset and 16 Mb of video memory. When
I run the following bat file:

@echo off
SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin;C:\cygwin\bin
XWin -screen 0 128x128x8 -whitepixel 255 -blackpixel 0

In the MS DOS prompt window I start it from, I see:

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin>startxserver
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
Desired Width: 128, Height: 128, Depth: 8
xf_dx.dll: Process attach
enable_xf_dx: LoadLibrary success
xf_dx.dll: AdjustVideoMode entered

An error message window pops up stating:

Requested overlay size too large for available video memory, trimming
overlay size.
Error = 00000000(unknown error)

I hit OK and then in the DOS window:

Adjusted Width: 0, Height: 0, Depth: 8
xf_dx.dll: winDXAllocateFramebufferMemory entered

Another Error window pops up:

Overlays not supported by hardware, exiting
Error = 00000000(unknown error)

I hit OK and another error window appears:

Direct Draw Init Failed
Error = 00000000(unknown error)

I hit OK and then in the DOS window I see:

xf_dx.dll: Process detach

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin>

I realize that their are other cards have that have more video memory
available, but I think 16 MB is respectable. I also checked Appians
webpage and they state that this card supports video overlay. This may
be different than the overlay your program refers to, but I highly
doubt this high end card does not support overlays. Lastly, the old
full screen xserver ran just fine on this machine. Hope this helps some.

Joel Ita