Re: MicroImages MI/X NT install

Christopher

> Bzzzzttt.  This is off-topic for this mailing list.

I think it might be right on topic. Let me quote directly from "The Cygwin/XFree86 FAQ" of  September 11, 2000:

**** Begin Quote ******
2.1 Which X-server should I use? I tried MI/X and my X application crashed.

With the merger of the experimental Cygwin based servers into the XFree86 4 soure tree, you should use the XFree86 X-Server. Of course you can use a commercial X-Server such as eXceed if you wish. If you last tried cygwin XFree86 before July 2000, then the following may be of interest: MI/X is an stdin/stdout type X-server, which uses X11R5 libraries. Most of the modern X applications need X11R6 libraries; therefore there is a capability issue.MI/X also cannot do multi-windowing. Almost 99% of X applications require an X-server with at least multi-windowing capability. Therefore, executing a multi-windowing X application on MI/X will definitely crash.

> Surely Microimages has some kind of mailing list or something devoted
> to their product.  You should really check with them.

No they don't and from a telecom with their President, Dr Lee Miller, they do not appear to want to support MI/X for this type of problem.

Sylvan Katz
Saskatoon, Sask