RE: Shutting down Cygwin/XFree?

> Okay, I never did know how to shutdown twm on a unix platform, and having
> all twm messages the same color as the background doesn't help
> either, so, I
> was wondering, is there a key combination to shutdown twm and the
> X/Server,
> or a command to run?
>
> If not, I'm going to put a recommendation in my How-To that says to press,
> on WinNT platforms, Ctrl-Alt-Del, and open the task manager, as this at
> least seems to crash X and return control to Win2000.  Any
> recommendations?

NO crtl+tab minimize the X-server to Windows task-bar,
you see then a little black DOS console with X-server
output info etc.  Hit X on it to close it and X-server will die.
That is why I put in startxwin.bat "start xwin...." so we get a
DOS console which will allow to kill it. But in future we may have
a better method to kill it.  BTW: on UNIX crtl+Alt+backspace kills
the X-server (Xfree86).  That cobination does not wrok on Windows.

If you more console Windows for twm and xterm etc, add start before the
relevent command in startxwin.bat

Suhaib