RE: Actually, it was the Readme that messed me up. . .

right now it runs only in full-screen mood.
Please refer to previous mail.  Peter Busch had
been working on adding multi-windowing to xf_dx.dll
which will allow to run server in multi-windowing mode
like exceed etc.

No X-server is needed from contrib directory for xfree86-4.0-Xwin.tar.bz2.

The 2 bz2 archives marked X-server-v-1.x are MSVC compiled
X-servers with 3 extensions only, like MI/X.

Suhaib