RE: XGDI/XVNC server is broken on Win2k

Andrew,
Sorry about the bounced message. Could you forward the header of the
bounced message to me at siddiqis@ipass.net so I can fix the problem at the
SMTP server?
Our server rejects almost all the free web-based mail services.  This is to
reduce spam.

XGDI has nothing to do with DirectX.  It uses old M$ GDI (gdi32.lib and
kernel32.lib).  However, I had
not tested it on Win2K therefore I could not say it would/wount not work.
It does work on Win95/98
and NT 4.0 with SP6a.

Could you send exact error message you get when XGDI server crashes?

On The Red Hat (Cygnus) Sourceware server you would find the sources for
XGDI.
They include MSVC 6.0 project files.  If you have MSVC 6.0 compiler, you
might consider
recompiling it on Win2K.  Perhaps that help.

I apologize for the incomplete ftp address.  The corect URLs are, as you
posted:

Source
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xvnc-win-src.tar.bz2

Binary
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xnvc-win32.tar.bz2

I am cc'ing to cygwin list.  Hans could answer your questions.  It is his
code.

Regards
Suhaib