RE: MSVC vs Cygwin X11 progs

John,

Great... I was actually expecting the code compiled with MSVC and
Cygwin/GCC to have same speed.  Using MSVC you have to omit a lot of
optimozation which xfree86.org introduced in X11R6.x, while with
Cygwin/GCC I was able to port almost all what is compiled on Linux.
Cygwin UNIX emulation does make code slower, in this case in
comparision to MSVC it is not bad.

I am ccing this cygwin-xfree list for other users info.

Suhaib