XFree86 display drivers

Following is a suggestion from Jan Rouvillain:

-----
Do we really need the SVGA S3 server and so on. I mean, that Windows 9X/NT
already have a SVGA driver running. Furthermore, I think we will get in
serious problems if two display drivers are competing for the graphic
ressource. Only one driver can run, because only one driver can receive the
interrupts from the graphic card.
---------

Before we start writing or hacking display driver codes in CFree86, I would like to hear
opinions from other users on how to handle this.

Thanks
Suhaib