FW: PATCH: PR ld/4409: --unresolved-symbols=ignore-all issues on ia64

  Shame there isn't a binutils-talk list, so I'll just have to say it here
instead....

On 03 July 2007 19:42, H.J. Lu wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:32:57AM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:

>>> In gcc -shared wins over -pie.
>>
>> And that's definitely what we should do.
>
> Where is it documented. Gcc 4.3 just passes "-shared -pie" to
> linker. I don't see gcc driver remove -pie.
>

> H.J.

  This thread has been driving me mad for the past day or two, because I can't
read a single post from it without hearing Eric Cartman's voice in my head,
saying "No!  Bad kitteh!  You can't share my pie!  No shared pie!"

    cheers,
      DaveK