Re: backup privileges [was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.22-1]

Igor Peshansky wrote:
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I didn't expect to get told that this is "breaking" something.  It's
really weird.  Usually Cygwin gets kicked for non-POSIXy behaviour.
Apparently there's no way to do something right :(

Hmm, "breaking" was probably too strong of a word. I just think we'll be violating the principle of least surprise by allowing such unrestricted access, "WJM" notwithstanding.

Funny, I seem to recall MSFTEU being a Cygwin principle. ;-)

--
Matthew
"Lost a planet, Obi Wan has? How embarassing..."