RE: Rsync over ssh (pulling from Cygwin to Linux) stalls..

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 12:57:40PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I'm not sure what more needs to be discussed, really.  I think that
>> Corinna has already said that if someone can't sign the agreement "as
>> is", there isn't much that can be done.  It's a virtual certainty
>> that Red Hat is not going to allocate time from one of its lawyers
>> to talk about Cygwin licensing with some Cygwin end user.

Yes, we got this--you have to sign the assignment.

The one thing that is not entirely clear to some of us is what
happens if somebody signs the assignment and then presents PD
code (modified for use by Cygwin) as their own. It ought to be
permissible, but none of the IANAL's can really commit to that,
and as you said it's unlikely that RedHat is going to allocate
one of their lawyers to talk with some end user about it. So
we end up dancing around the point (like a bunch of hippos in
tutus) rather than addressing it head on. :-)

But as I said before, it is what it is.

gsw