Re: cygwin + windows update = lock up (W2K SP4)

Funny but not terribly useful - esp. as you seem to have posted to this list about this problem earlier in the month and I was following up on this post from cfg to see whether there was a solution posted anywhere yet

"I'm not exactly sure where to send this, since it is a unique situation,
but someone has contacted me off-list to offer to pay me to look into
this problem. Money is always a great motivator for me, so, I've let
Dave Korn know about this and have spent some time today looking into
the problem.

I hope that I'll have a fix sometime next week.

So, I guess this means that I've retracted my retraction.  I do
appreciate the fact that Dave was looking at this very much, though.  It
really is nice to have other people besides Corinna and me looking at
the code.

If anyone is looking for something to do, it would be nice to have
another set of eyes on the snapshot problems that I mentioned in the
cygwin mailing list.

cgf"

If you have some *relevant* help then it would be appreciated. Sarcasm is not!