RE: Updated: cygwin-1.5.16-1

----Original Message----

  Hey, you think that's a typo for "prevent", but look what happens when you
update and build the dll from today's CVS, and try running "make check".....

                === winsup tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    unix

Running target unix
Using /artimi/swtools/windows/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board
descrip
tion file for target.
Using /artimi/swtools/windows/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic
interface
 file for target.
Using /usr/build/src/winsup/testsuite/config/default.exp as
tool-and-target-spec
ific interface file.
Running /usr/build/src/winsup/testsuite/winsup.api/winsup.exp ...
FAIL: msgtest.c (execute)
FAIL: semtest.c (execute)
FAIL: shmtest.c (execute)
C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe (3004): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detected
- 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: systemcall.c (execute)
NOTE: error deleting ltp-execl01.exe: error deleting "ltp-execl01.exe":
permissi
on denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-execle01.exe: error deleting "ltp-execle01.exe":
permis
sion denied
C:\cygwin\bin\test.exe (3096): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detecte
d - 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: ltp/execlp01.c (execute)
C:\cygwin\bin\test.exe (2964): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detecte
d - 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: ltp/execv01.c (execute)
C:\cygwin\bin\test.exe (1484): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detecte
d - 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: ltp/execve01.c (execute)
C:\cygwin\bin\test.exe (224): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detected
 - 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: ltp/execvp01.c (execute)
NOTE: error deleting ltp-fork06.exe: error deleting "ltp-fork06.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-kill01.exe: error deleting "ltp-kill01.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-kill02.exe: error deleting "ltp-kill02.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-kill03.exe: error deleting "ltp-kill03.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-kill04.exe: error deleting "ltp-kill04.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-kill09.exe: error deleting "ltp-kill09.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-pipe10.exe: error deleting "ltp-pipe10.exe":
permission
 denied
NOTE: error deleting ltp-signal03.exe: error deleting "ltp-signal03.exe":
permis
sion denied
C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe (732): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detected -
 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: pthread/cancel11.c (execute)
C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe (3560): *** system shared memory version mismatch
detected
- 0x75BE0080/0x75BE007E.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
FAIL: pthread/cancel12.c (execute)

..... Maybe the comment was accurate after all ?  :-O

  Heh, sorry to dump that load in yer laps and run off, but it's half eight
in the evening UK time and I'm off to the pub.  I'll try and put some time
to looking at things more closely later.  But I've got to look at that
newlib/nan thing first as well.  And then the g77 memory allocation thing,
and I was working on a patch to dump the list of mapped dlls when you get
the "Can't reserve space for cygheap, already allocated" error, and ... and

  Well, you get the general idea.

    cheers,
      DaveK