This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
How to rename the cygwin service.
- From: "Anil Kumar" <kumar dot anil at tatainfotech dot com>
- To: <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:57:02 +0530
- Subject: How to rename the cygwin service.
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Hello cygwin-talk members,
I want to rename the cygwin service.
Can any one tell me the way to rename cygwin service to some customized
By default cygwin service name is 'ipc-daemon' and its display name is
"cygwin". Is there any way to rename its name to, say "CustomCygwinName".
I am using the following command to install cygwin service
Tata Infotech Limited
Tel: 0120-2567622 Ext 600