Re: 4NT vs. Bash (Was Re: problem with find/grep)

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:29:59AM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
This way you have all the good terminal stuff from 4nt, and bash.
Just some keys have to be programmed if you don't like the default.

FWIW, I like having a full-featured pure-windows command shell for those times when I've broken things so badly that bash doesn't work.

I've just tried zoid, which is a shell in perl.

cpan Bundle::Zoidberg
http://search.cpan.org/~pardus/Zoidberg-0.91/

Highly recommended if you do some perl programming.
Originally I tried to reactivate my scsh (scheme shell) and check its posix compatibility, but zoid looks much better, in terms of convenience and features.
clisp should also be able to do fine as login shell. This has at least readline, but is much less posix compatible than the scsh.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/