Re: [Cygwin64] dash segfault

On Mar 10 21:10, Peter Rosin wrote:
> On 2013-03-10 20:38, Peter Rosin wrote:
> > On 2013-03-10 20:20, Peter Rosin wrote:
> >> Ok, here's a crash with the dll from release, still with home-built dash
> >> w/o -O2.
> >
> > Below is another one, looking more similar to the ones I got with the
> > dll from the install area...
> >
> > Every time that it has happened (or, I should say, every time I have
> > checked), it has been a libtool script linking a dll (either as a
> > library or as a module), that has crashed dash.
>
> I of course only needed to whisper that for it to happen elsewhere, this
> time when running my not-overly-complicated build script. Still dash though.
>
> And now again in libtool --mode=install (not relinking).
>
> I have also seen a couple of instances of dash simply exiting w/o triggering
> error_start (sadly wasn't sane enough to harvest an exit-code).
>
> Let me know if you want more backtraces, I get the feeling they're pretty
> useless? I'd also appreciate further debugging tips.

I don't know.  I've tried myself but hadn't much time and fun to debug
this more closely today.  The most interesting snippet I got was another
stackdump with my local non-optimized Cygwin DLL which again pointed to
ptmalloc3.cc, line 792, so there seems to be some free on an invalid
address.  The rest of the information I could gather so far was not very
helpful either.  I have this on my plate for tomorrow and most of next
week, but I would naturally appreciate if others would help debugging
this, too.  It seems a rather tricky one.  If worst comes to the worst,
I rip out ptmalloc3, and we can try again with the old malloc code.