Re: 64 bit HEADSUP: Restart of *everything* today

On Mar  6 13:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  6 10:28, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> I just uploaded
>
> 	catgets-1.1-2-src.tar.bz2
> 	catgets-1.1-2.tar.bz2
> 	libcatgets-devel-1.1-2.tar.bz2
> 	libcatgets1-1.1-2.tar.bz2
>
> These are my first cygport-created packages, using basically my 32 bit
> cygport file, so they are bz2 and missing the x86_64 in the name.

Which leads to a question:  When do we go entirely "distro"-style?
It's nice to have a lot of packages to play and build more packages,
but it's pretty obvious double (or triple) work.

We don't have enough packages yet to make a 64 bit distro work with
setup (mostely bash is missing), but I guess we can seriously consider
that not too far in the future.  A week?  Two?

And how do we start?  Would it make sense to create a new subdir
64bit/release already today and fill it step by step with packages
which can be considered finished and all dependencies resolved?

The 64bit/release dir could then simply be moved to it's ultimate
position as soon as we go public.