Re: Cygwin 64bit triplet

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> 1) Change config.guess to 'x86_64-pc-cygwin' and deal with fixing this
>> upstream, get it pulled into the toplevel copy, and let it filter down
>> from there;
>>
>> 2) We switch to 'x86_64-unknown-cygwin' now and rebuild our toolchains
>> (both native and cross) to match, which we now have to do anyway.
>
> I wouldn't want to do that.  The "unknown" is really weird.  I'm a bit
> puzzled.  Why and where is the second part of the triplet important?
> Why isn't it important under Linux?

<quote>
A three part configuration name is: cpu-manufacturer-operating system
A four part configuration name is: cpu-manufacturer-kernel-operating system
The manufacturer can sometimes be omited.
</quote>

So it could be x86_64-redhat-cygwin but it doesn't really matter from
autoconf's POV.

--
Earnie