Re: Cygwin 64 bootstrap script

On Feb 13 19:47, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> for those who want to build cross and native toolchains from scratch, I
> uploaded a script called "bootstrap.sh" to
> ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/
>
> This is basically the same script we use internally to build the
> toolchains.  After download you have to take a look at the start of the
> script, since you have to do a bit of ground work to get the script
> running.  You have to create all the source directories in the first
> place and then set the paths in the script header accordingly.
>
> Btw.,today I found that mintty and strip both crash when using a Cygwin
> DLL compiled with optimization.  If you have fun to track down the
> problem (which could be a gcc problem as well as a Cygwin problem), feel
> free.  I'd be glad to get some help here.

FYI, I just applied a patch to the Cygwin DLL to fix the problem, so
mintty and strip work with an optimized DLL now.  Given the place and
the nature of the bug, I'm rather puzzled that my other executables
didn't seem to be affected.

For those of you not building their own Cygwin DLL, I'll upload a new
binary micro distro package soon.