Re: Extend faq.using to discuss fork failures

> Hmm, I'm wondering if that's a solution.  AFAIK the number of ASLR DLL
> slots is less than the number of DLLs we're shipping in the distro.

Yes, that's true as well -- although it's based on memory size: The
total address range managed by ASLR is 0x50000000 to 0x78000000, in
0x2800 64KB chunks, or 630MB.  But, a lot of that is reserved for system
DLLs which are already ASLR'ed.  There's simply not enough room there
for everything.

> The
> problem is to make sure that the DLLs are loaded into the same spot in
> parent and child process on fork.  I'm not sure you can guarantee that
> by setting the dynamicbase flags.

Nope.  See the links in my previous post in this thread.

--
Chuck