Re: Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

On Feb 16 10:27, Brian Ford wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Yoni Londner wrote:
>
> > Attached is a combined patch, including all the issues i mentioned in
> > previous emails, and excluding the controversial ACL issue.
>
> Just curious what happened to the review of this patch?
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2010-10/msg00069.html
>
> I don't see any evidence that it didn't just get lost, but I know it
> appears to have never been submitted to cygwin-patches with a proper
> ChangeLog.

I had completely forgotten about it.  I just had a look and, apart
from the missing ChangeLog and wrong formatting, I guess I can
add the symlink caching into a local build for testing.  The fs
caching doesn't take the already existing caching into account, though.
Anyway, I'll give it a whirl in the next couple of days.