Re: Cygwin CWD vs. Win32 CWD (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1)

Corinna said:
Please see the patch below.  Comments are highly welcome.  Alternatively
we just drop the entire jumble and keep the Win32 always in sync.  I'm
still wondering what other guys on the list think...

I think posix compatibility should be preferred. I like:
* the three different options (no_sync, sync_once, sync_always)
* the idea to link a .o so that one of the non-default options
can be selected without code changes
However, I don't care whether Corinna's implementation or cgf's (so far unreleased) one is used.

However, we need to resolve this soon and release 1.7.7, because I've noticed that any postinstall script that calls mkshortcut fails, with predictable results given our new setup.exe behavior... If 1.7.7 is not forthcoming VERY soon, then I need to release a new cygutils ASAP (and run, and run2).

--
Chuck