Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1

On 20 August 2010 21:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 20 16:03, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 09:27:25PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >Erm... btw., how is that different from the message, if you need a
>> >valid Win32 CWD in your hybrid app, use cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINCWD)?
>>
>> My supposition is that the breakage for hybrid applications is much more
>> pervasive than for programs which want to delete directories that someone
>> has cd'ed to.
>>
>> But, actually, I am liking the "just relink your app like this if that
>> is what you want" solution better. ÂThat means minor tweaks to the
>> current Cygwin code. ÂA pure Cygwin app continues to behave like linux.
>> You just have to rebuild your hybrid app.
>>
>> I think I'll work on a proof-of-concept for that.
>
> That sounds good. ÂI would just like to point out that I'm still open to
> the Win32-friendly solution, if there's a majority in this thread who
> think that this is more important than the ability to delete some
> directory the Linux-way.

I stumbled across another point to consider here.

On Linux:
$ mkdir foo
$ cd foo
$ rmdir ../foo
$ ls
$ echo $?
0

On Cygwin:
$ mkdir foo
$ cd foo
$ rmdir ../foo
$ ls
ls: cannot open directory .: No such file or directory

So actually this isn't properly Linux-compatible anyway, which makes
it less worthwhile sacrificing Win32 compatibility for, I think.

Andy