Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 09:27:25PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Aug 20 15:14, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> My reason for a compromise is that the messaging should be fairly clear.
>> If someone has a problem deleting their current directory then, add this
>> to your program:
>>
>> chdir (".");
>
>Still, that's really not the problem.  All Cygwin processes, except for
>the handful which actually call chdir will lock their CWD from deletion
>by other processes.  Of course, we still have this problem with native
>Win32 processes, but there's nothing we can do against that.
>
>> You don't need to do anything besides that.  The alternative of not
>> allowing this might mean some more complex programming of unfamiliar
>> software.
>
>Erm... btw., how is that different from the message, if you need a
>valid Win32 CWD in your hybrid app, use cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINCWD)?

My supposition is that the breakage for hybrid applications is much more
pervasive than for programs which want to delete directories that someone
has cd'ed to.

But, actually, I am liking the "just relink your app like this if that
is what you want" solution better.  That means minor tweaks to the
current Cygwin code.  A pure Cygwin app continues to behave like linux.
You just have to rebuild your hybrid app.

I think I'll work on a proof-of-concept for that.