Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.003-1

On Aug 20 15:14, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> My reason for a compromise is that the messaging should be fairly clear.
> If someone has a problem deleting their current directory then, add this
> to your program:
>
> chdir (".");

Still, that's really not the problem.  All Cygwin processes, except for
the handful which actually call chdir will lock their CWD from deletion
by other processes.  Of course, we still have this problem with native
Win32 processes, but there's nothing we can do against that.

> You don't need to do anything besides that.  The alternative of not
> allowing this might mean some more complex programming of unfamiliar
> software.

Erm... btw., how is that different from the message, if you need a
valid Win32 CWD in your hybrid app, use cygwin_internal(CW_SYNC_WINCWD)?