Re: Statically initialising pthread attributes in dynamic dlls.

On 22/02/2010 12:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Beep!  Wrong answer.  Actually the exception handler is called and
> me.return_from_fault() is called as well.  But for some reason, which
> is beyond me, it doesn't return from return_from_fault().  Instead,
> it steps into the OS and gets terminated.  So there *is* something
> not quite ok with the fault handling in this case.

  Hmm, what appears to be happening to me, is that there's some kind of a
fault during  the DllMain of the loaded DLL, which causes it to get unloaded
and unmapped by the OS, leaving a stale entry in _main_tls->stack[1], causing
us to jump into unmapped space when sigbe tries to return there.

  More later when I've understood it a bit better.

    cheers,
      DaveK