Re: Request for help debugging screen problem

Hi,

On 7/02/2010 3:48 PM, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
However, I now have a new problem. Say I have no screen sessions running
at all:

shaddy@*** ~
$ screen -r
There is no screen to be resumed.

But I try an strace:

shaddy@*** ~
$ strace -o /tmp/screen-r+cygserver-down.strace screen -r
23025 [main] screen 5340 C:\software\cygwin\bin\screen.exe: *** fatal
error - couldn't initialize fd 0 for /dev/tty2

I've completely lost faith in my strace scenarios now. This last
scenario is how I came to determine that screen was trying to call
OpenProcess() on the cyg_server owned sshd process. I was intending to
mention it as it as it was unusual.

Why doesn't this last strace just output the same "There is no screen to
be resumed." message? I am now hesistant to go on using strace, as I'm
not sure it is helping me analyse my initial problem. It seems to be
creating problems of its own???

I just thought of this where inspiration usually takes hold.

shaddy@*** ~
$ strace -o /tmp/ls.strace ls
22886 [main] ls 4808 C:\software\cygwin\bin\ls.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't initialize fd 0 for /dev/tty2

The OpenProcess() thing, it's actually strace having trouble attaching to the ssh tty, right?

Regards,
Shaddy