Re: Longstanding __USE_W32_SOCKETS hiccup.

Brian Ford wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> 2-  Rewrite Ada runtime on cygwin target from ground up to remove ming-isms.
>
> I obviously haven't done my homework here, but I have to ask the obvious
> question.  Why is a rewrite necessary?

  Because that's not the way it is currently written.

> Isn't there a way to simply reuse
> the POSIXy code available for other targets rather than the Win32 mingw
> portion?  It sounds so simple ;-).

  That's what I meant by a rewrite.  I don't suspect it's going to be as trivial
as swapping out the ming code for the posix versions and rebuilding the compiler
because... well because nothing ever is!

  Anyway, that is the next approach I'm going to try, but it's a lower priority
than if there had been a quick hack to get it working, and probably won't make
it during this stage 1.

    cheers,
      DaveK