Re: Longstanding __USE_W32_SOCKETS hiccup.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I haven't been paying close attention here but why are we bothering to
> accommodate use of winsock2.h and time.h.  This is really only for
> Cygwin itself right?

  Nope.

> Otherwise, I don't think we should worry about people trying to mix
> winsock.h in true Cygwin programs.

  It seems to have worked well enough for GNAT in gcc-4.3.2 and earlier, but GCC
HEAD has undergone some sort of refactoring that means we now get a duplicate
definition of timeval during compilation of libada.  This is aimed at fixing
that problem.

    cheers,
      DaveK