Re: ntsec a mount option?

Quoting Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:

On Jul 15 09:44, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:47:05AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>What about the mount -m option?  That doesn't seem to make much sense
>anymore, given that you just can copy the fstab files now.

I guess we could get rid of that too but it might almost make sense to
make it dump fstab entries.  Then you'd catch any mounts you've made
recently that aren't in the fstab.

Sounds like a plan.

>Hmm, along the same lines, practically all umount options don't make
>much sense anymore.
>
>> (along with text-mode mounts?)
>
>Repurpose textmode mounts?  I'm not sure I understand...

"Repurpose" == "obliterate"

Uh, oh. You know, *personally* I'm all for it, but I fear the uproar on the Cygwin list.

An uproar of cheers for it probably. Most confusing bit of OS wizardry. MSYS has been binary mode only since day 1. With your advancements of 1.7 I would like to see MSYS disappear (or become a preconfigured Cygwin) but we'll see what the MinGW community will think of that. Not too much maintenance activity on it and no one seems to have time to get out another real release.

Cheers,
Earnie