Re: utf-8 and cygwin

I'm sorry to be a bother. I'm trying to helpful. I just need a pointer to get started I hope

I checked out the latest dev build
I got it to compile
Installed the new cygwin1.dll
verified I'm using it (uname -srv)
tried a test script all it does is

cp existingfile.txt <japanesename>.txt

where <japanesename> is kanji for Japan and the script file is encoded in utf-8.

The script doesn't work. I creates a garbage filename meaning the utf-8 filename was not converted. Note that this script does work under that patch I mentioned. I only bring that up to help verify that it's a valid script and in UTF-8, it's not a judgement.

I tried scanning the docs and the various Changelogs to see if I need to do something to enable the new utf-8 support or to figure out how far along it is. Do I need to set LC_CTYPE or some similar environment var, that kind of thing. I probably am just lame but I didn't find anything although I see lots of references to updating stuff in the changelog but I didn't find any docs on how to turn it on or what to expect.

Any idea where I should look?

Thanks.

-Gregg