Re: fhandler_console.c refresh?

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Joseph Allen wrote:

> cygwin-developers-owner@XXXXXX.XXX wrote on 01/12/2007 03:01:38 PM:

Ahem.  And yes, I know there is no way in Notes to control this -- so
you'll have to do this manually.

> Sorry about that: my employer forces me to use Lotus Notes.  I think I
> turned off HTML, but you never know with Notes.  If this message doesn't
> work, I'll switch to my ISP account.

Doesn't Notes ask every time you send a message to a non-Notes address
whether you want plain-text format?

> I submitted the disclaimer request to my local general manager, who
> immediately said isn't "RedHat a competitor?"  So we'll see what
> happens :-)

Well, I can tell you it *is* possible.  Contact me off-list, and I'll let
you know how (or, better yet, look me up in Bluepages and send email to my
Notes address).

> > >Too bad.  I'm missing this usually when running vim or gdb in a
> > >console window.
>
> I've seen it, it's one of the things I want to fix.  The Windows console
> api is screwy in this area, it normally doesn't give events for windows
> resize- only buffer resize.  I'm not sure how Cygwin is dealing with
> this yet.  I'm guessing it polls, but I haven't looked into it enough
> yet.
>
> > How about making it work more like the linux console with its mouse
> > support?
>
> I want it to work like an xterm: so unless the application enables mouse
> support, the simple left button to select, middle button to paste thing
> should work as in xterm- but of course everything should be optional.
> I'm not yet sure how this should interact with windows clipboard.

I would imagine you can't use anything *but* the Windows clipboard, given
that X is not likely to be running when someone uses the console window...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin