Re: Toplevel configury change exposed bug in make install for winsup/cygwin

maxb@ukf.net wrote:
The toplevel configury change:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/src-cvs/2003-q3/msg00006.html
causes /usr/bin/install to now be used instead of install-sh to install
files.

Since the Cygwin Makefile does not rigorously create directories before
attempting to install into them, it was previously relying on specific
behaviour of install-sh. /usr/bin/install fails on non-existant intermediate
directories. Therefore, make install fails.

No patch, I'm afraid, since I've only just debugged this far, and now I need
to go to sleep.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe either RedHat's or Mandrake's coreutils rpm has patched install to deal with this.

Cheers,
Nicholas