Re: Many pthread failures in the test suite, one setgroup failure

At 07:33 PM 9/29/2002 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>I also noticed that allow_ntsec == 1 on WinME,
>>which at the very least causes useless calls.
>
>How did allow_ntsec become 1 on WinME?  That much at least should be
>easy to debug.

Right. This afternoon I had noted it was already 1 when entering
environ_init. An fgrep just revealed in security.cc
BOOL allow_ntsec = true;
I would propose a patch setting it to false at the end of environ_init
on Win9X even if it is "on" in CYGWIN. Ditto for ntea and smbntsec.
Is there a better idea out there?

>Also, another question is:  Are you sure that you are using the latest
>CVS sources?  This looks suspiciously like the problem which was just
>fixed.

I have again updated from cvs and run make. Same result in gdb.

The ChangeLog starts with
2002-09-29  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@redhat.com>

	* thread.cc: Use "%E" in *_printf throughout rather than calling

thread.h has

class verifyable_object
{
public: