Re: Issue with cygwin_daemon merge

Conrad Scott wrote:
"Nicholas Wourms" <nwourms@netscape.net> wrote:

Wouldn't it just be easier to use "-x foo.h -x foe.h -x
fum.h" type arguments with cvs diff to generate a patch
without these headers?  Then you could adjust the includes
in the source file(s) in a seperate checkin.

I assume you're referring to the original issue of how to merge the
branch into the HEAD?  But for that, there are changes to these very
headers too that I need to merge; and I'd also prefer to do the merge as
a single commit rather than in stages (this avoids leaving the
repository half-broken and also might make the history rather clearer
for those who follow on afterwards).

Then temporarily move the offending headers to the Attic and then copy them to the target header names. After you've done the MERGE, mv the old headers back into place and put the temporary ones into the Attic. That'll be clean enough and won't break HEAD.

Cheers,
Nicholas