Re: Issue with cygwin_daemon merge

"Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 09:22:49PM +0100, Conrad Scott wrote:
>
> >I've been worried and confused about my proposed merge of the
> >cygwin_daemon branch, because some of the files in the branch have a
> >different name from those in HEAD: in particular, this applies to the
> >System V IPC header files (ipc.h, msg.h, etc.).
> >
> >In the branch these are in include/sys with the correct names, while
in
> >HEAD they are in the main cygwin source directory with mangled names
> >(cygwin_ipc.h, etc.) -- this was done to avoid confusing
configuration
> >scripts etc. that would otherwise have seen the headers.
> >
> >I've come to the conclusion that the best bet (i.e., what would make
my
> >life easiest) is to have the files under the same names in both
branch
> >and HEAD, but keep them out of the line-of-fire so that nothing finds
by
> >mistake.  The problem with the location used by HEAD is that they
don't
> >end up in the installed directory areas and so make testing, even
> >locally, rather difficult.
> >
> >My suggestion is to put these headers in include/cygwin with the
correct
> >names.
>
> Is the interface working in this merge?  If so, then it seems like
putting
> the files in sys is the way to go.

Only the shm interface is available, and until all are working and
cygserver can replace the cygipc package, I'm assuming that we can't
expose any of them.

> Otherwise putting them in include/cygwin is ok.

Thanks: it sounds like this is the way to go.  I'm not clear if/how I
can produce a patch that moves files: is it possible?

Or would it be okay for me to go ahead and make the change in HEAD
myself?  The change involves moving the relevant files and editing both
them and a couple of the cygserver* files that include them.

Cheers,

// Conrad